PUBLISHED AUGUST 8TH, 2019
JACKALOPE TICKET GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. The following individuals are not eligible: All employees and contractors of Hopper, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or their affiliates, mandataries, sales representatives, licensees, web designers, members of the jury, judges, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling (or “step” of each) and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not). All applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules.”
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period begins at 12:00 am EST August 9, 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm EST August 10, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
3. CONTEST ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Contest by sharing a screenshot of the Hopper application on your Instagram story and tagging @hopper Instagram account. Each Instagram story is equivalent to a single entry, and the number of entries is limited to one (1) per person . A winner will be chosen at random on August 11, 2019 from the valid entries made during the Contest Period. Incomplete entries are ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected winner. No photocopied, computer-generated, facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass entries permitted.
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each potential Prize Winner, by accepting the Prize, grants to the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant's name, city, province and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Prize Winner.
5. SELECTION OF CONTEST WINNERS: On August 11, 2019, ten (10) Prize Winners will be selected at random to receive Weekend Tickets to the Jackalope Festival (valued at $30 CAD each) in Montreal over August 16, 17, and 18 2019. The Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries who took the required actions during the Contest Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Prize Winner will be notified via Instagram direct message to the account used to make the Contest entry on August 11, 2019 at 4:00 pm EST. The Prize Winner needs to claim the prize within three (3) days of the Instagram direct message. The prize will be sent via email to the Prize Winner further to it being claimed. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Instagram account is registered. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Prize Winner's failure to respond to the Instagram direct message as instructed in the notification within three (3) days after its transmission; (2) a potential Prize Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (3) a potential Prize Winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission; and (4) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by the Sponsor because of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All taxes on the Prize, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a Prize not listed in these rules, are the sole responsibility of each winner.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects, and to conform to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Contest Entities are not responsible for: (1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner upon entering the Contest; (2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind; (3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Contest; (4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest; (5) any warranty of fitness or merchantability of any prize or the function or operation thereof, which shall be the sole responsibility of the manufacturer of the prize; or (6) any act or omission at any event included as part of any prize. Sponsor does not make any, and hereby disclaim any and all, representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize, which is awarded “as is”. Participation in the Contest is at your own risk. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website operated by the Contest Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Contest Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Contest or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Contest information. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules in any way or at any time. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the province of Quebec without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Any litigation respecting the conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
7. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Contest or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Contest or use or redemption of the prize. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
9. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hopper, Attn: Jackalope Ticket Contest, 5795 Ave de Gaspé, Suite 100, Montreal, QC, H2S 2X3. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Contest Period.
10. SPONSOR: Hopper, Inc., 5795 Ave de Gaspé, Suite 100, Montreal, QC, H2S 2X3. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Jackalope, or any airline.