PUBLISHED AUGUST 6TH, 2019
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ENTRY AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE SHARED WITH THE CONTEST SPONSOR. SPONSOR’S USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO THE SPONSOR’S PRIVACY POLICIES AT THE LINKS PROVIDED BELOW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the forty nine (49) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories, possessions and overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of June 1, 2019. The following individuals are not eligible: All employees and contractors of Hopper, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or their affiliates, sales representatives, licensees, web designers, judges, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling (or “step” of each) and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules.”
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 12:01 am EST August 12, 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm EST August 22, 2019 the “Sweepstakes Period.”
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Sweepstakes by registering your information and a valid email address at www.hopper.com/i/rover. For additional entries, you may post a picture of your pet on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the tags @hopper and @rover. Please note that you must register on the website above in order for your social media posts to be considered as additional entries. A winner will be chosen at random on August 23, 2019 from the valid entries made during the Sweepstakes Period. Incomplete entries are ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected winner. No photocopied, computer-generated, facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, or mass entries permitted. Alternative Method of Entry (“AMOE”): You may also enter the Sweepstakes by legibly writing your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, ZIP code, day and evening phone numbers (including area code), and email address (if any) and mailing your entry to Hopper, Attn: Hopper Rover Sweepstakes, 275 Third Street, Cambridge, MA 02142. To be considered eligible in the Sweepstakes, AMOE entries must be received by Hopper no later than 11:59 pm EST on August 22, 2019.
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each potential Prize Winner by accepting the Prize grants to the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant's name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Prize Winner.
5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS: On August 23, 2019, one (1) Prize Winner will be selected at random to receive a credit of $2000 USD to be used toward any flight booked via Hopper, and $1000 USD of Rover credits subject to Rover's Terms and Conditions. The Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries who took the required actions during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Prize Winner will be notified via the email address provided on the Sweepstakes entry. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Prize Winner's failure to respond to email notification within three (3) days after its transmission; (2) a potential Prize Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (3) a potential Prize Winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission; (4) a potential Prize Winner's failure to validly claim the prize by August 30, 2019 and (5) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by the Sponsor because of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All taxes on the Prize, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a Prize not listed in these rules, are the sole responsibility of each winner.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects, and to conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner upon entering the Sweepstakes; (2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind; (3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Sweepstakes; (5) any warranty of fitness or merchantability of any prize or the function or operation thereof, which shall be the sole responsibility of the manufacturer of the prize; or (6) any act or omission at any event included as part of any prize. Sponsor does not make any, and hereby disclaim any and all, representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize, which is awarded “as is”. Participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules in any way or at any time. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules, their enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation, or the Sweepstakes, shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Boston, Massachusetts, before a single arbitrator in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Venue with respect to any such disputes not subject to arbitration and for entering judgment of any arbitration award shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Massachusetts.
7. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and, with respect to clause (i), Rover from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The Grand Prize Winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
9. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hopper, Attn: Rover Sweepstakes, 275 Third St, Cambridge, MA 02142. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
10. SPONSOR: Hopper, Inc., 275 Third St, Cambridge, MA 02142. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or any airline. For the avoidance of doubt, Rover is not a sponsor, or an administrator of the Sweepstakes.