Legal Team - Thu Jan 01 1970
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ENTRY AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE SHARED WITH THE CONTEST SPONSOR (HOPPER). SPONSOR’S USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO THE SPONSOR’S PRIVACY POLICIES AT THE LINKS PROVIDED BELOW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories, possessions and overseas military installations) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of November 2, 2021. The following individuals are not eligible: All employees and contractors of Hopper, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or their affiliates, sales representatives, licensees, judges, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies or agents (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling (or “step” of each) and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules.”
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes has five (5) different entry periods. The first entry period begins at 12:00 am EST November 2, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm EST November 3, 2021 (the “First Sweepstakes Period”). The second entry period begins at 12:00 am EST November 9, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm EST November 10, 2021 (the “Second Sweepstakes Period”). The third entry period begins at 12:00 am EST November 16, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm EST November 17, 2021 (the “Third Sweepstakes Period”). The fourth entry period begins at 12:00 am EST November 23, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm EST November 24, 2021 (the “Fourth Sweepstakes Period”). The fifth entry period begins at 12:00 am EST November 30, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm EST December 1, 2021 (the “Fifth Sweepstakes Period”).
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: You may enter the Sweepstakes by downloading the Hopper application, following Hopper’s Instagram account, sharing the Sweepstakes post to your story, and commenting on the Sweepstakes by tagging a Travel Buddy (an “Entry”). You may enter the Third Sweepstakes by downloading the Hopper application, following Hopper’s Instagram account, following Fiji Airways Instagram account, sharing the Sweepstakes post to your story, and commenting on the Sweepstakes by tagging a Travel Buddy (an “Entry”). Each User is entitled to a single Entry, multiple comments will not constitute multiple entries. Each User who completes an Entry will be eligible to receive one (1) of the four (4) prizes for the First, Second, Fourth and Fifth Sweepstakes Periods and will be eligible to receive the one (1) prize for the Third Sweepstakes Period. Users who complete an Entry for more than one (1) Sweepstakes Period will be eligible to receive a prize in all Sweepstakes Periods in which they complete an Entry. Only one Prize will be awarded per User for each five (5) Sweepstakes Periods. Odds of winning depend on the number of users who complete entries.
4. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: On November 5, 2021, four (4) Winners will be selected at random to receive $250.00 of Carrot Cash each. On November 12, 2021, four (4) Winners will be selected at random to receive $250.00 of Carrot Cash each. On November 19, 2021, one (1) Winner will be selected at random to receive two (2) round-trip Fiji Airways tickets from Los Angeles, California to Fiji, or from San Francisco, California to Fiji maximum value of total prize is $3,600. On November 26, 2021, four (4) Winners will be selected at random to receive $250.00 of Carrot Cash each. On December 3, 2021, four (4) Winners will be selected at random to receive $250.00 of Carrot Cash each. The Winners will be selected from all eligible entries who took the required actions during the Sweepstakes Periods. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
The Winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message to the Instagram account used to enter the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Instagram account is registered. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Winner's failure to respond to Instagram Direct Message notification within three (3) days after its transmission; (2) a potential Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (3) a potential Winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days after its transmission; (4) a potential Winner's failure to validly claim the prize by December 15, 2021 and (5) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by the Sponsor because of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
Carrot Cash Prizes will expire one (1) year from the date of being awarded in the Winner’s Hopper Account. Travel for the Fiji Airways flights will need to be completed by November 19, 2022. Tickets are non-transferrable and cannot be cashed or redeemed in any other format.
All taxes on the prize, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a prize not listed in these rules, including travel to/from the prize, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All prizes will be awarded, provided that they are validly claimed by December 15, 2021 after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant's name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights") in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of any Prize Winner.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects, and to conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner upon entering the Sweepstakes; (2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind; (3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Sweepstakes; (5) any warranty of fitness or merchantability of any prize or the function or operation thereof, which shall be the sole responsibility of the manufacturer of the prize; or (6) any act or omission at any event included as part of any prize. Sponsor does not make any, and hereby disclaim any and all, representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any prize, which is awarded “as is”. Participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules in any way or at any time. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules, their enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation, or the Sweepstakes, shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Boston, Massachusetts, before a single arbitrator in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Venue with respect to any such disputes not subject to arbitration and for entering judgment of any arbitration award shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Massachusetts.
7. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). The winners assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize, if applicable.
9. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hopper, Attn: Travel Deal Tuesday Contest, 265 Franklin St, Suite 1702, Boston, MA 02110. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
10. SPONSOR: Hopper, Inc., 265 Franklin St, Suite 1702, Boston, MA 02110. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or any travel services provider other than Fiji Airways.